Review | Clarins Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

Friday 2 August 2013

My eyes are my favourite part of my face to apply makeup to each day. I find that I just don't look as awake without some mascara on and I love how many different looks you can create by applying eye shadows and eyeliner.

This means that I'm always in need of something that can take off whatever I've applied with ease in the evening. I've been loyal to Clinique's Take The Day Off Remover for quite a few years now but I fancied trying something new as I don't really like the oily consistency of that one despite it removing my eye makeup fairly well.

I tried a Simple one which irritated my eyes a lot, they burn and sting for quite a few minutes after I've used it on them which left me resorting to facial wipes (horror!) which just don't cut it.

I decided upon Clarins Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover as although I'd heard brilliant reviews about their Instant Eye Make-Up Remover, I didn't want to risk it irritating my eyes, plus I didn't want another oil-based remover. I  don't ever wear waterproof mascara and the Instant one is more suited to heavy makeup removal so I didn't really think it was necessary for my needs.

The formula contains Organic Camomile Extract, Organic Cornflower Water and Organic Rose Water all of which Clarins describe as soothing, relaxing, calming, refreshing and hydrating. When pouring it onto a cotton pad, it is just like water in consistency with a scent that I think is the rose water. I don't find this to be too strong or irritating in any way.

With a couple of swipes across my eyelids, it literally removed all of my eye make up without leaving any residue at all. This was mascara, eyeliner and eye shadow - the most I'd ever wear on any occasion. It left my eyes feeling refreshed and left me free of any burning sensations - score.

5 comments :

  1. I might have to try this as I also get a stinging sensation sometimes after having used eye makeup remover! <3

    http://lameyy.blogspot.co.uk/ <-- please check out our blog!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not had any stingy eyes so far, it's definitely worth a try! x

      Delete
  2. I really like the sound of this.
    There's something really satisfying about the bottle too!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I know, I think so to! I keep eying it up with satisfaction as it sits on my dressing table, I'm not weird at all! x

      Delete
  3. I am always looking for a great eye make up remover that means I don't have to scrub at my eyes!! :)
    http://lollylaura1991.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I appreciate every single one and will do my best to reply to you as soon as possible! If you want to ask me anything, feel free to tweet me @kathrynhannah91 ♥xo

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs