Origins Original Skin Renewal Serum | Review

Sunday 5 April 2015


It's strange how I came to love the Origins Original Skin Renewal Serum so much as I'd actually been avoiding Origins for about a year after suffering a reaction to their GinZing moisturiser. I'd been wandering around the counters at John Lewis and noticed the serum on the side and gave it a quick try on the back of my hand and then wandered off.

After about 30 seconds I went dashing back to ask for a sample as it smelt so fresh and left my skin feeling so smooth. I was given two small samples that lasted me a month and as soon as pay day came around, I dashed off to get my hands on the full size version without hesitation.

So, what makes me love it so much?

First of all, I love the packaging. A pretty, pastel pink and a pump dispenser - what's not to love? One pump dispenses the perfect amount to cover my entire face with none to spare.
It comes out as a light, gel like texture that feels cooling and fresh on the skin. I apply it morning and evening after cleansing my face and before my moisturiser. 

It soaks into my skin within seconds leaving my face feeling unbelievably smooth and nourished without any greasy feeling. It sits comfortably beneath my moisturiser and I feel like it has helped my skin out so, so much.

Before I started using it, I was suffering with a near permanent breakout around my cheeks and occasionally chin. I noticed my skin clearing up within less than a week of using it twice a day and my skin has continued to look better over the 6 weeks since I started using it.

My pores are definitely smaller and my skin has gone from getting oily within a couple of hours to feeling pretty normal for the whole day with a little shine around my nose. I'm fairly confident that this serum has been the miracle worker here as I haven't added or taken away any products from my skincare regime since I started using it.

It doesn't come that cheap at £32 for 30ml but two 5ml samples lasted me a month so hopefully a bottle will last me around 3 months or more.

Overall, I couldn't recommend it highly enough and I hope it continues to leave my skin looking smooth and clear for as long as I use it.

Have you tried this serum? What are your favourite Origins products?


4 comments :

  1. I love the packaging too, so simple yet lovely! I don't mind spending a little more on a serum for my skin, as long as it works! :)

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I've been looking for a new serum, and I'll have a closer look into that one. I've only tried Origins Face Masks so far, which I love!

    www.sevenminsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such good things about this, and your review just added to it! I'll definitely be putting this on my wishlist x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, this is a godsend! I've been thinking of buying this serum but haven't quite found a review that would prompt me to make the purchase - this definitely did the job!

    mardeestyles.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I appreciate every single one and will do my best to reply to you as soon as possible! If you want to ask me anything, feel free to tweet me @kathrynhannah91 ♥xo

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs